Waymond and I took a trip to the Asian Market yesterday. I've had several friends tell me it is a cheap place to get food and we have several things that we love that we thought we could find. And, I want to try Soba noodles, which are a buckwheat noodle and I thought I could get a better deal. So, off we went yesterday afternoon. We went up and down every isle looking at everything. It was quite fun. At one point I was looking at something and Waymond says, Leigh look at this. I go over and he's pointing at the ingredients on a can of something. I get close and the first ingredient (all in English) is Gelatinous Mutant Coconut. We were really trying hard not to laugh so loud that we would disturb the other shoppers (or offend). We almost bought it just to see what mutant coconut looks like. I see a B movie coming from this! It's great to be able to fully step into another culture right in your own town! I recommend finding an Asian market near you.
Oh, we bought soba noodles and rice paper for spring rolls and spent less than $3. Nothing gelatinous or mutant, maybe on our next trip.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What? . . . you guys didn't buy the canned mutant coconut? I know you will next visit, so let me know what it looks like and tastes like!!
Jani
Post a Comment