Friday, March 12, 2010

Cake Balls - its a real thing!

A couple of weeks ago I baked some cupcakes for a birthday for a co-worker. I used a cake recipe that is super tasty, however I guess it is just too moist (sorry Jeny) for cupcakes because they didn't rise at all. In fact some of the cupcakes sunk in a bit. A friend was over the evening I was baking them and she was giving me suggestions on what to do with them. I just hate serving something that looks so bad! They tasted good so I hated to just throw them away. So, I packed them up once they'd cooled and went to bed. The next day I remembered the website that a friend forwarded me with the cake balls on it (www.bakerella.com) and knew what I was going to do with my sunken cupcakes! When I got home from work I took all the papers off the cupcakes, made the icing and mixed them together, formed the balls and popped them into the refrigerator. I then went to our small group's dinner. When I got home I melted every piece of chocolate in our house (almost literally) and dipped the balls in. And, viola cake balls! I only used half of the icing recipe so I tinted the other half pink and topped them with a bit of pink frosting in honor of the birthday girl at work. Oh my these were super super tasty! Too bad Waymond was out of town when I made these and he didn't get to eat one until they were a bit old. I will be making these again and will never have to throw away cake ever again - Thank you bakerella!

No comments: