Tuesday, July 19, 2011

At home learning

We've been having fun this summer learning new things (all of us included)! Since Isayas will start Kindergarten in the fall I wanted him to get a little bit in before he starts. And personally, I'd like Ermias to know the alphabet before the end of the summer. Could be a lofty goal, I realize!

So we've been doing some fun activities along those lines.















Ermias has been practicing his cutting skills with a crafty Kumon booklet. He cut these out himself and I was amazed! I helped him glue, but he really did most of it himself. We've been talking to them both about time and reading a clock. Isayas gets it a little. Ermias just says numbers, mostly VERY big numbers.



















I put out some letters cut from magazines and had Ermias pick out all the letter As and glue them on his paper. I was pretty picky which As I put out because I didn't want to confuse the poor boy with some crazy fonts!



















Isayas has been working through a Kindergarden book that someone gave us as a gift. It's been really good for him to have to follow the directions. I know he'll experience a lot of that in school!



















And, then they had some fun with watercolors. They made about five pictures each. I think they used up most of the paints in this one go. I'm not sure they've ever painted before; they had such a great time. And, you should see some of their art work!

No comments: