Saturday, June 22, 2013

Video Game time

If left to themselves our boys would watch tv and play video games all day (and probably night) long. Last summer the boys had to read books to earn time to play their video games. This summer I've changed it up some; I have a ring of chores they can do and each one earns them 30 minutes of video game time. I'm pretty sure our house and vehicles won't be any more clean than this summer!
 Isayas vacuuming the livingroom...
and dusting the bookshelf.

Already this summer (this is the first week) our van has been vacuumed out two times and our garden has been watered everyday, among other things! 

It has been quite a learning experience for them. When Isayas got the vacuum out he said, "Can you pick up the books and stuff off the floor so I can vacuum?" I explained that picking up the floor is part of vacuuming. He answered, "What? This is harder than I thought."

The boys are working hard because Waymond just ordered Mario Kart for the Wii with some birthday money; along with a 3rd Wii remote. The boys are saving their time for when it gets here. Isayas asks everyday if it is coming in the mail and is stalking the mail lady.

1 comment:

Jani said...

They will thank you later for learning all the cleaning skills !! Apartments or college dorms don't come with "cleaning people" :o)