We have this tradition, every time we go to Waymond's parents house we split wood. I'm not sure how we got sucked into that tradition, but it holds true. I'm a master at the wood splitter now. I'm not kidding. I can read non verbal clues and know when to bring it forward and when to bring it back. We ripped through that pile of wood in no time. I guess I reap the benefits by sitting by the fire in the evenings. Unfortunately I didn't come prepared this year and my toes got so cold and numb it took awhile to get feeling back. You gotta love tradition! Oh, Joe the baby polar bear, I mean, big blond lab helped out. I think he looks like a baby polar bear, but he's a softy!
Monday, December 31, 2007
the splitter
We have this tradition, every time we go to Waymond's parents house we split wood. I'm not sure how we got sucked into that tradition, but it holds true. I'm a master at the wood splitter now. I'm not kidding. I can read non verbal clues and know when to bring it forward and when to bring it back. We ripped through that pile of wood in no time. I guess I reap the benefits by sitting by the fire in the evenings. Unfortunately I didn't come prepared this year and my toes got so cold and numb it took awhile to get feeling back. You gotta love tradition! Oh, Joe the baby polar bear, I mean, big blond lab helped out. I think he looks like a baby polar bear, but he's a softy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looking Great Mountain Man!
You could have split wood while you were in Broken Arrow and made a little money doing it!
Jani
Post a Comment