Sunday, August 2, 2009

Donuts!

Yesterday we drove to Seattle to one of the Top Pot Donuts locations to watch a donut eating contest and of course to have a donut and cup of coffee. There were loads of people there and was sponsored by three or four different record labels in the area and the local independant radio station, KEXP. Along with his donut Waymond got a poster, pins, and several stickers. A good day.

The guy who won last year won again. He ate something like eleven or fifteen old fashion donuts in five minutes. Crazy! Anyone could submit his/her name to be in the contest. They picked six people plus the returning champion. I didn't think I could even compete and didn't want to ruin the donut experience with having to eat so many in a short amount of time. One guy was drinking iced coffee instead of water while he was choking down his donuts - brilliant. I think he ate four or five.

We had a pretty good seat from the upstairs. We got there early, got a donut & cup of coffee and enjoyed the show. They also had a DJ and a band. It was fun.

2 comments:

Jani said...

I bet Noah could eat more than 8 donuts in five minutes! Maybe I should suggest that to Krispy Kreme?

way&leigh said...

We don't want to harden his arteries this young! But I bet you are right, he could easily came in second in this competition!