Monday, September 7, 2009

Look what I did

I'm so excited. I've been trying to sew so while I was in Tulsa I had my Grandma help me get started on a bag pattern. She walked me through cutting it out and getting the pleats in and then she said, "just read and follow the directions." Which for someone who doesn't sew is harder than it sounds! But, today I finished the bag! I've already put all my stuff in it and am going to carry it tomorrow. The fabric is from Ikea.



The inside. It has a pocket on each side, but seems really impractical.
Next one I make I'll change it a bit.















I'm so proud!

4 comments:

in my world of five said...

I turned out AWESOME! You should totally make me one ;) Love it!

way&leigh said...

Maybe I will make you one, that will give me some more practice! I was surprised at how easy it really was!

Jani said...

Excellent job! The material looks great. You could start taking orders for the bags and get really good at sewing :o)

way&leigh said...

It might take me awhile before I can take orders! I do want to do a couple more to see if it wasn't beginners luck!