Saturday, February 25, 2012

Creative Outlet

Sometimes you just need a creative outlet. I found myself in that place the other day and thankfully a friend's birthday was close. I baked her a mini rainbow cake (and one for us). I found the idea for a mini cake here. And, the rainbow idea came from some other blog. Instead of just making a mini version, I just made a regular recipe and divided it between 4 pans and 6 cupcakes. White cake + food coloring = rainbow cake:














I only had two mini "pans" (Cost-co size tuna/chicken cans) so I baked, washed, and then rebuttered &
refloured and baked again. It would be less of a process with a couple more "pans."














I sliced each one into three pieces. The tops are just bonus for the husband who wants a little snack.

So, each mini cake could be it's own double layer cake or do like I did and mix the colors and did two, four layers on each cake.














I did frosting in between one cake and pudding in between the other.


















I had some random blue frosting from something else, so I used it too.


















Tasty, tasty mini cake!

1 comment:

Jani said...

YOU are so clever !! :o) I'm glad I'm related to you!