Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hot, Hot, Heat

So, it's been a bit hot here the last few days. We broke 80 degrees before noon yesterday which doesn't happen too often. Today we are going to get into the high 90's. I know that doesn't seem too bad for the rest of the country, but keep in mind that NO ONE has air conditioning in their house. The only reprieve from the heat is turning on the air conditioning in your car, but not everyone here owns a car. (Like our friend Jeny who broke down and bought a window unit for her apartment!)

So, despite the heat Waymond is going on a crab expedition today. One of the ladies he works with has a boat and the Habitat team is heading out on the boat today and fishing...hunting...catching...(I'm not sure the correct term) crab. I think I'm going to meet them this evening to eat the catch of the day. Should be exciting. He brought the camera. Should be note worthy! We are trying to be more Northwest, but being from Oklahoma we've never hunted, caught or fished for crab!

No comments: