Thursday, July 12, 2007


So, Waymond's crabbing expedition was successful!! Here I am eating my crab for dinner. They were very tasty. It was the 2nd time I've ever eaten crab (that I can remember). Everyone took leftovers home because there were enough crabs for everyone to eat at least 2 plus there were about 3 crabs left in the bucket that they didn't cook!

One of the ladies on the boat was asking about local popular cuisine in the areas we grew up in. I couldn't think of a thing that Oklahoma is known for. Maybe some southern type food?

3 comments:

Jani said...

Great pictures!

Oklahoma is known for Fried Okra, Beans & Cornbread,watermelon, chicken fried steak & Sweet Iced Tea.

Jani

way&leigh said...

I forgot about all those things. Fried Okra and Beans & Cornbread especially because I haven't seen much of those here. Another thing is Frito chili pie. Not sure if it's Oklahoma, but definitely Midwest!

Jeny McCray said...

Frito chili pie makes me think of Sonic. Mmmm. Sonic.