Saturday, September 22, 2007

birthday dinner




Our friend Annie's birthday was this last Thursday. For her birthday she invited a few friends over and she cooked dinner. I know, how nice is it that on her birthday she cooks! She did make it clear she didn't want to have to clean up thought, which I understand. So, we went over Thursday evening and had the best dinner of our lives! (Sorry mom!) We started out with some yummy cheese, crackers and fruit and some peach champagne cocktails. Good Start!! Then we moved onto a salad with pears and a blue cheese vinaigrette that she paired with some kind of wonderful white wine. Her parents own a winery, so food and wine are one of her expertise. (For her day job she is a Dr. of Pharmacy) After the salad our main course was a pork roast with a fruit sauce, steamed fresh green beans and ginger and garlic sweet potatoes paired with a red wine. I thought Waymond was going to die of goodness. If you know Waymond even just a little bit you know how he loves good food. Needless to say, he had a good evening! For dessert we had Annie's signature dish, individual trifles. They have lemon curd, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, (that's what I can remember) angel food cake pieces topped with whipped cream and fresh raspberries. She made them the day before so all the flavor melded together and she paired it with a raspberry dessert wine. I cannot begin to tell you have fabulous the entire evening was! Enjoy these pictures and as you can tell Waymond enjoyed his dinner for you too!

No comments: