Monday, November 3, 2008

Christmas Gift

So, yesterday our church, New Community Church, met for the first time in our new location and at our new time, 4pm. Because we got to sleep in we got up and went out for breakfast. We decided to hit the grocery store afterwards to stock up for the week. When we returned from our shopping Waymond turned on the TV, I'm guessing to see football scores. He flips through a couple of channels and QVC is on and they are showing the gift Waymond is planning on getting me for Christmas (a professional grade stand mixer - yes I did ask him for it). He says, hey there's your Christmas present, I'll already know he's getting it for me he's not ruining the surprise. Then he says, that's a really good deal, he's been shopping around, what a guy. He then hesitates and says should I buy it from QVC, I feel funny about buying anything from there. Needless to say we aren't in the shop at home network target audience. So then they show the Shipping and Handling, $5.45 and he picks up his cell phone. I never knew that the whole QVC experience was so easy. Within 15 minutes my Christmas gift was on it's way. Waymond said part of the gift was that he got a good price on it which is totally me! I was really wanting this mixer, but I did not want him to spend all that money on it. He did well and he doesn't have to leave the house to get it!

And then later that night he ordered his own Christmas gift from Ebay. What a guy!

1 comment:

in my world of five said...

Lucky! I've been wanting one too for a few years. I'm really hoping we get a house this year for Christmas. That would be sweet!