Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry, merry Christmas

I made some Carmel Rolls on Christmas morning(ish), we slept in. They were very tasty! Here they are:

Stacy's Grandma's Helter Skelter Carmel Rolls

Thaw 2 loaves of frozen bread just enough so it pulls in pieces (I usually let it thaw in the fridge all night and then make them in the morning, but you have to let them rise or you can thaw them in the fridge all the day before, make them in the evening and let them rise in the fridge over night and bake them first thing in the morning.)

Melt 1/2 Cup butter
add 1 Cup brown sugar
2 Tbsps milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I've used more)
2 small boxes (3 oz) vanilla pudding mix - cook & serve - not instant

Grease 9x13 pan, tear up (I use my kitchen scissors) one loaf of bread dough and arrange it in the bottom on the pan. Pour the butter/brown sugar mixture over the top. An optional step is to then top with one Cup of pecans or walnuts (Waymond likes his nut free, but I think it's tasty so I'll do half or one corner with nuts.) Tear (or cut) the other loaf of dough up and arrange on top. Cover and let rise.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. It will be a bit golden on top.

Tip pan over on wax paper. Store covered.

I'm thinking of doing a variation of these and putting the idea behind monkey bread and this recipe together and it could be a bit more cinnamon-y.

No comments: