Sunday, May 1, 2011

And, we're back

I was hoping to update the blog in Amsterdam coming and going, but didn't get a chance too. On our way to Ethiopia our plane was late so our layover was shorter than we expected. It worked out well, we didn't have to wait but about 45 minutes to get on the plane. Enough time to get to our gate, locate a bathroom, freshen up and board for Ethiopia.

And on the way back, well, we had two kids...and I was (and am) SO tired. I do not sleep on airplanes very well and having two 10 hours flights was rough! The boys however slept like a dream on all our flights. They chewed gum on take off and landing (and didn't swallow it). Over all, we couldn't have asked for better.

Airplane food was a different situation. At one point we got our food and I was opening Isayas' main course and he looked up at me and said "injera?" I had to break his heart, cheese tortellini, and not the tastiest tortellini either. He ate my chicken, which is the first meat he's eaten since they've been with us.

So now we are back home and hopefully will be resting up, getting over jet lag and a 10 hour time difference, over the next week. Isayas is sleeping on the couch as I type (after napping in his bed - we did try to wake him). He didn't sleep quite as much as Ermias did on our flight to Seattle.

I will post some pictures of our trip maybe tomorrow when I've had a bit more rest! Please forgive any misspellings or grammar issues, tomorrow I will have had a full night's rest (God Willing!) or at least more than a couple hours over the last day and a half!

Thanks for your many prayers, they were felt and appreciated!

No comments: