Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ermias has watched the Prince Bride way too many times. He is now using other toys for swords. At one point he was standing with his legs apart and Isayas was down on one knee while sword fighting. We let it go on for a moment and then broke in. We could see it heading down a "someone's going to get hurt" path!! Then Ermias practiced his swoard moves in the air. Maybe he's in Jedi training and we don't know it.














Went to the park today, beautiful day for it. The boys played and played, trying it all out.


















We had the boys walk to the park (it isn't far away) and we thought it would only help get the energy out!


















Ermias doing a United States magnetic puzzle. I was very impressed with him, he was just matching the outlines, but still. He worked and worked until he had them all. I gave him a few hints!














Lots of this over the last few days! Boy they are going to miss their dad when he goes back to work (they have another week). Waymond will have to prepare himself for some wrestling as soon as he gets home in the evening.














Ah, there's nothing like tea and Scooby-Doo. When we put the DVD on and Isayas realized what it was he got excited. Apparently they've seen Scooby-Doo before. He kept talking and talking and then we realized that he was saying Scooby-Doo, but it wasn't coming out like we would pronounce it. Since I was so tired, I laughed so hard I was crying. I wanted to get it on video, but seriously I was laughing so hard I couldn't! I want to get it recorded before he learns how to say it correctly (he's picking up stuff SO fast).














Some friends got us a Zoo Memebership and we went the other day. We only made it through about 1/4 - 1/2 of the zoo, but we all had a great time. Here the boys are watching the monkeys. One monkey wandered over to a feeding bowl and started eating. Ermias looked up at Waymond and asking "Injera?" Apparently he thinks everyone and everything eats injera!














Isayas has been practicing his letters on the back of our front door with our new magnetic alphabet. I'm really impressed with him. Of course he doesn't pronounce them all correct because those teaching him in Ethiopia didn't speak amazing English, but it's a start.


















We do have some more amazing video that we are working on uploading! These boys are funny!

No comments: