Wednesday, June 3, 2009

And we're back

I told Waymond last night as we were unloading our suitcases that I feel like I just woke up from being in a coma. I felt like it was Saturday, May 23rd although it was really Tuesday June 2nd. To make a REALLY long story short last Friday in the middle of the night my mom called my cell phone to let me know that my dad had passed away. It was so sudden even though he had cancer in a couple of places in his body no one expected that it would be this soon. Neither Waymond or I slept much the rest of the night and got up Saturday morning booked airline tickets, packed, made a few arrangements, got a ride to the airport and flew to Oklahoma. We were gone 10 days.

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to all our friends here in Tacoma for taking us to the airport, picking us up, watering the garden, mowing the lawn, picking up our mail and watching over our stuff for us while we were gone. Not to mention the emails and phone calls keeping us up to date with things here. We appreciate all our friends, we really do!

Things went well while in Oklahoma. It's never easy to deal with death. Thankfully my dad is in Heaven with Jesus and is not in pain any more which makes dealing with it a bit easier. The memorial service was really beautiful and my mom & dad's pastor did a great job.

Thank you to everyone for all your prayers! Our family at large has benefited from them!

No comments: