
Here's a great shot of one of our onions. I'm trying to get a comparison shot here with my thumb, but I'm not sure it's working. Any who some of our onions are getting pretty wide in diameter! I'm not really sure when to harvest these. I think someone told me when the green tops start to wilt and die. I should look that one up, but these still need to grow.

Our squash has exploded in the last couple of days. Its about to take over the entire garden and there are just two plants. The yellow flowers are so beautiful. However I'm afraid the squash leaves are going to over take our bell pepper plant. I'm really pulling for the pepper plant. It has several blooms on it and I've been really careful when I water to get the base of the plant so the blooms don't fall off too soon. Squash is so aggressive!

Our trash can potatoes are doing so well. I think we'll be able to add more dirt in the next couple of days. The staulks are about a couple of inches tall. This picture does not do them justice. It's hard to get a side view since they are at the bottom of a large trash can! Since this is the first time I have done this I don't know how tall I am suppose to let them get before we add more dirt. I guess I'll look online again.

Here's a lovely picture of me with our cauliflower. It got so big really fast. I had Waymond cut it tonight. I'm very excited about having some tomorrow with hummus! (and yes mom the weather is still chilly enough that I have to garden in a jacket. I actually have a long sleeve shirt and a short sleeve shirt on under the jacket. You will notice in the next picture that Waymond is just fine in a t-shirt.)


Our sweet peas are doing well. We've had a bit of wind lately and because we didn't have anything for them to grow on they fell a bit. We put twine on the fence this evening. Hopefully they will take to it. There are a bunch of blooms! I am looking forward to a nice bouquet in my dinning room soonish!
No comments:
Post a Comment