Here's an overview of the main garden. We have a few things on the side yard. I'm cutting lettuce. Our lettuce is growing like crazy. I've harvested snap peas too and they are tasty. When Waymond picks them about half go into his belly and half come inside. But, I guess that's what they are there for!
A close up on celery. I've never grown celery before. It seems to be doing well. The guy at the Farmer's Market we bought it from said we could cut staulks as they mature and it will continue to produce. I'm going to harvest some today. We'll see!
We are growing cabbage patch kids, kidding, kidding. Some bug has been enjoying the leafs of our cabbage plant however. It is a sneaking bug that must come out at night because I never see it on the leaves when I'm watering and looking for it.
Here's a close up of an onion. If all of our onions produce we are going to have a ton of them. Thankfully they are growing at different paces so they all won't mature at once. I know it's hard to tell, but this is a pretty good size stalk!
The beets are doing really well. This is the first time I've grown beets. I need to read online because I'm not sure when to harvest them. I thinned them out and we enjoyed the greens in a salad. I didn't know this but part of the beet grows just above the ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment