Thursday, September 13, 2012

A drum-roll please...

Here she is! And, yes, I said she. We had our ultrasound this afternoon and the doctor had no doubts that we are having a girl. A health (a bit big for her age) girl.

The doctor kept saying, "she's measuring big for your dates." As he was measuring her arms and legs. And he kept confirming my last period. Then he said, "well, you two aren't small people." And, I take that to mean we are tall!

The doctor tried to get a really good profile picture for us at the end, but she kept moving her head. So, this one was the best he could do!

The boys are excited, but I told them they had to start referring to the baby as a she instead of a he. Ermias said he wasn't sure he could do that. However, he was the one who thought we were having a girl first. He just got used to the idea of having another brother.

I asked them if they thought she would still play cars with them. They both thought about it and answered, "yes." And, I'm sure she will.

Isayas said on the car ride home, "maybe in two years we'll have another baby and it will be a boy." I didn't respond...that's a little too close to the ol' 40th birthday for my liking! 

4 comments:

Lanette said...

Woohoo! Yea for girls! And she will, without a doubt, love playing cars with her brothers! Tess loves to sprawl out on the floor with Isaiah and she may even be better at the sound effects than he is. Will her name be kept a secret?

way&leigh said...

We will tell everyone her name when we come up with a final one. We are going to go with an Ethiopian middle name, so we are narrowing our choices!

Jani said...

She'll be tall and have lovely feet like her mother :o)

Lanette said...

We didn't decide on names with either until after they were born. Such a hard decision to have to make! At least you can narrow it down to girl names though. :)