Thursday, September 13, 2012

More school

Swimming lessons started on Tuesday!

I'm thankful for those who teach these classes, they should be getting paid BIG money! Although, I'm sure they are high school students getting their college applications to look good.

The boys were so excited about the big pool and it was so hard for them to listen to their teacher. Baby steps, right? Next Tuesday I'm hoping it goes a bit better, or they at least do something the teacher is asking!

Funny, they boy peed before we left the house. Then they peed when we got there (a 5 minute drive), and then they peed half way through their 30 minute class. Nerves? Excitement? Lots of warm water? Boys locker room? Not sure why, but they had a great time.
We'll have more pictures to come as the class progresses.

After watching the swimming events of the Olympics the boys thought that would be what swimming lessons would be like.

We tried to explain on the way home that all those Olympians started the same way; they had to learn to hold their breathe under water and float on their backs!

Gold metals here they come!

1 comment:

Jani said...

Oh, swim lessons . . . how I remember them :o) I thought the instructor was trying to drown me! The boys love water so I'm sure they will listen to the instructor and do great.